Electronic Leak Detection
Water leaks can occur in many different places in a home. It may come in the form of a leak in the shower, kitchen or geyser . Leaks in these areas are usually minor problems that can easily be detected and taken care of. Leaks become a bigger problem when they are in less visible places like a tank or pipe and that is where electronic leak detection comes in.
Home owners should consider installing electronic leak detection systems in order to prevent major damage due to harder to detect leaks in and around the home. These systems have a built in capability of warning home owners of leaks when and where they occur in either a passive or active capacity.
Contact The Drain Surgeon today and let us advise you on all our electronic leak detection solutions.
Do you suspect that you have a leak somewhere on your property?
You can perfrom a basic check by following these simple steps:
- Turn off all taps and water using features on your property to ensure that no water us being used.
- Check the water meter on your property. If it isn't turning there shouldn't be any leaks. In the event that it is turning a leak is likely.
- Check any and all toilets and taps on you property for leaks and if they are indeed leaking have them fixed.
- Check the water meter again to see if the problem has been resolved. If it is still running proceed to the next step.
- Close the inlet valve to your house and then check if the meter is still running. If it is the leak is between the meter and the inlet if not the leak is in the house.